Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Avatar Movie Review

      We brought in a special guest for todays show. Please welcome Neil McCaffrey.Neil 's Review I thought  this film was revolutionary in terms of special effects. Just to think, not even 30 years ago the original Tron came out, you can clearly see how special effects have evolved. While the special effects were amazing, it lacked the presence of a focused and emotional story. At times I found myself thinking "Who the heck is that that?" because sometimes, I felt that the story was to scattered to follow. For example,  during the scene where the enchanted plants started to fly around the two leads I couldn't remember what they were, but the special effects and the thrill of watching this magical planet unfold almost made up for the lack of the story. I also have to give props to the actors who took these creatures, so unfamiliar and turned them into likeable and complex characters. So overall, because of the amazing special effects and the awesome actors I would have to give this movie 8.3 stars.Jacob's ReviewI thought this movie was over hyped. This movie was so focused on the special effects that it forgot the real point of a movie, the story. I loved watching this movie in the theaters, but when i watched it at home i was extremely disappointed. That shows that a lot of the movie was supported by the special effects. I do on the other hand think this movie looked absolutely beautiful. It was a very daring movie in sense of the cost, it was an extremely expensive movie that could have flopped, so i do give props to the producers and James Cameron. I loved how most of the creatures were a oversized crazy version of real animals. I didn't like the plot it reminded me of Pocahontas which was a simple Disney story, never trying to make anything special. Overall i thought this movie was a pretty good movie just a little over hyped. I would give this movie about a 8 out of 10.Ben's Review:         I personally really enjoyed this movie. I thought the special effects were absolutely stunning. It was one of the only movies I have ever seen in which the visual effects were seem less. Although the effects made the entire movie worth wild. The story was not thought out well enough for the audience to understand it that well. For example, during the movie they mention a person named Ewa.They constantly mention her name and that she is wonderful and powerful. Little did I know, Ewa was actually their God. I found that the entire process for this movie was very impressive. They started filming in a big warehouse in 2004 and it took them 4 years to edit and advertise the entire movie. Which was very impressive considering the movie was three hours and it was the first ever film to use that kind of hightech technology. I found that the final 45 minutes of the movie kept very entertained and interested. It is an epic battle between many tribes of the Navi' and the greedy solders led by the tough and intense General. I thought the message/moral of the movie was keep the natural beauty of the environment safe and alive. I applaude the Director James Cameron who also wrote the screenplay and the cast and crew. I thought the movie was overall very good and I would give it 8.5 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment